cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Destination patterns containing A, B, C or D?

jeremy.giacobbe
Level 1
Level 1

I was looking through the various dial peers on my network and came accross one with a destination pattern of A9T. What does the A signify? I see in documentation statements that A through D are valid along with 0 through 9, comma, pound or period.I know what all the others mean and explanations for those are simple but I have not found anything in the documents about the A through D. I wouldn't think it would be a way to proritize the dial-peers since there is already a seperate command for that.

Referenced Documentation is at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/vvf_c/dial_peer/dp_confg.html#wp1067014

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is this GW with CUCM deployment to differentiate calls for trunk selection? perhaps A was added as a "steering code", see if you have any matching route patterns on CUCM.

HTH,

Chris

This is a H323 gateway configured with CUCM. I've looked through all my route patterns that point to that gateway and find none with an A in them or anything in the route groups or route lists that would ad the letter to the begining of the outgoing dial string.

On this gateway there is one PRI and a 2 port FXO card. The odd A9T destination pattern points to the FXO whereas there is a 9T destination pattern pointing to the PRI. In my other offices where there are both PRI and analog trunks, the preference command has been used to make the PRI be used first.Truthfully, that office is too small to even consume their entire PRI. I am assuming the analog line was meant to be a backup of some sort.

So based on your response, using A,B,C or D can be used in conjuction with some dialed number manipulation in CUCM to allow the direction of calls out particular trunks?

Correct, as phones are unable to character A, but it is a supported dial character.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: