cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Determining number of incoming digits

David Graham
Level 1
Level 1

We are looking into the possibility of replacing our PRIs with new ones. The new company has asked for the number of digits that we are accepting from the old company. Looking at our dial plans in CUCM 7.1 it looks like we are only accepting 4, but I am not certain. Is there an easy way to see the nember of digits that are being passed down from the phone company? I have a Cisco 2811 router accepting the PRIs and passing it on over, but I do not see anyting on there that tells me the number of digits.

Is there an easy way to see this?

Thanks much!

Dave

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rob's answer shows you how many digits UCM is paying attention to. You can also use the debug isdn q931 command on the router to see the actual number of digits being sent by the provider. It will show you the actual ANI and DNIS in the SETUP IE.

View solution in original post

"terminal monitor" will allow you to see the debug isdn q931 output if you are telneting into the router.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Dave,

You can verify this in CUCM/Gateway

Call Routing Information - Inbound Calls

Significant Digits

Choose the number of significant digits to collect, from 0 to 32 or All. Cisco Unified CallManager counts significant digits from the right (last digit) of the number that is called. If you choose All, the Cisco Unified CallManager does not truncate the inbound number.

EXAMPLE
Digits received are 123456.
Significant digits setting is 4.
Digits translated are 3456.

Use for the processing of incoming calls and to indicate the number of digits, starting from the last digit of the called number, that are used to route calls that are coming into the PRI span. See Prefix DN.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_0_4/ccmcfg/b06gtway.html#wp1311922

Cheers!

Rob

Rob's answer shows you how many digits UCM is paying attention to. You can also use the debug isdn q931 command on the router to see the actual number of digits being sent by the provider. It will show you the actual ANI and DNIS in the SETUP IE.

I have found the command "debug isdn q931" to be the most reliable way to verify the number of digits coming in a PRI regardless of using MGCP, SIP or H323.  Once you have the debug enabled just place an inbound call and look for the called party number which will show you the incoming digits received.

Thanks all. Found my notes that showed that command and was just about to use it. I have turned off the echo of the commadns to the screen so now I just

have to remmber how to turn that on.

Just do not do these all that often so they start to slip away.....

Dave

"terminal monitor" will allow you to see the debug isdn q931 output if you are telneting into the router.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: