Hall of Fame

Hi Bala,

Here you go my friend :)

See attached.

Cheers!

Rob

thanks

Hi Rob,

Do you have this file updated ? Or can you tell me where i can found 1 jabber how many license resource i should have available.

Example, if i have 100licenses how many jabber i can have ?

Cheers 

JO

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Whats the version of CUCM you are running ? If it 9 onwards, its more with CUWL licensing, more like user based licensing.

The following are the license types for the Unified Communications Manager:

UC Manager Essential

Essential User Connect License - supports one device providing basic voice or analog device (phone or fax). (For example: analog phone, ATA 186, ATA 187, Cisco 3905, Cisco 6901)

UC Manager Basic

Basic User Connect License - supports one device, including all Essential devices, plus basic (voice and video) call control features. (For example: Cisco 6911, Cisco 6921)

UC Manager Enhanced

Enhanced User Connect License - supports one device, including all Basic devices, plus advanced (voice and video) call control features including desktop, mobile clients. (For example: Cisco 3911, Cisco 3951, Cisco 6941, Cisco 6945, Cisco 6961, Cisco 79xx, Cisco 89xx, Cisco 99xx, Cisco E20, Cisco TelePresence EX60, Cisco TelePresence EX90, third party SIP)

UC Manager Enhanced Plus

Enhanced Plus User Connect License - supports up to two devices, and including all Enhanced devices.

UC Manager CUWL

Supports advanced (voice and video) call control features including desktop and mobile, professional collaboration workspace application features with a maximum of ten devices per user.

UC Manager TelePresence Room

TelePresence Room license - supports room based immersive and multipurpose Cisco TelePresence System endpoints and Spark Room. (For example: Cisco TelePresence System Series 3200, 3000, 1300; Cisco TelePresence MX Series; Cisco TelePresence TX Series; Cisco TelePresence System Profile Series)

If you are running jabber, you should be using CUWL Enhanced plus or CUWL

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution"***

Hi,

I'm running the CUCM 10.5 and all the license that i have are enhanced, and according with the some documentation that i already read   1 jabber = 1 license.

Another doubt that i have is there any possibilities to convert cisco IP Communicator to enhanced license ?

Thanks

JO 

Hi there

Again the licenses are user based. If a user have only one device assigned, then Enhanced license will be used. If you add a desk phone and softphone (jabber or CIPC) then that user will be moved to the higher tier, which is Enhanced plus. If you add more devices to the same user, the same user's license will be moved up to Standard license. Jabber is available in all these 3 license flavors. This is if you are using CUWL license. 

If UCL, the license structure remains the same, except Standard. 

here is the licensing at a glance. You will get more info from the tables.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-communications-licensing/C45_523902_11_9_licensing_aag_v5a_1.pdf

If you need to purchase more, please circle back to your SE/AM or partner.

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution"***

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: