Views
Helpful
Replies

Device Mobility and Called Party Transformation Mask

heathrw
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Does any one know the application of the Called Party Transformation Mask CSS within the Device Mobility Section of the Device Pool Configuration? Page 604 on the Collab SRND 9.x states it has no impact on phones not sure what this really means if that it is not used period or does not impact the user experience.

The reason behind my question is because the new environment I'm building has a single SIP gateway which services multiple states. I am wanting to use only the standard local route group. I was looking into the Called Party Transformation at the device pool for all of my phones which are device mobility enabled. The aim is if some one in a specific state dials a local 7 digit number it prefixes the area code sending it to the carrier for example a phone in a Sydney office (and member of the Sydney roaming device pool) dials 0.[2-7]XXXXXXX the number is essentially changed to 02[2-7]XXXXXXX and so on for other states prefxing the relevent area code. I am waiting to avoid multiple route lists, calling search spaces, etc.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

With the introduction of a single/centralised gateway such as in your scenario, Standard Local Route Groups (SLRG's) become less important, because most route patterns will point to the same RG's/RL's anyway.

Let's assume you would still use SLRG's. You would need to cover the full Australian Number plan, and I would create a 0.[2-9]XXXXXXX to represent any local number in ANY state. and route it by means of a Local Route Group.

The ONLY way this localised number can be transformed into 10 digits:  0.0387661234 for Melbourne or 0.0723451234 for something in QLD is by means of Called party transformation Pattern ON the phones Device Pool Level. i.e. the gateway is to do no transfromation as it is not in a position to localise.  So make sure all phones are in a separate device pool, based on their Location, and possibly put your gateway in a devipool of its own.

I hope this makes sense.

for australian number plan:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_numbers_in_Australia

for a good post, put to gether by a very nice and bright guy:

http://ciscoshizzle.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/number-plan-globalization-based-on.html

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Thanks, this seems to clarify what im wanting achieve.

I have tried adding a Called Party Transformation CSS to the device pool using an entire specific number but it does not seem to take, DNA is not showing it nor can I see any changes on the dial-peer debugging.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: