Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

device pack 9.1.2.12028-1 bug?

Hello,

Installed device pack device pack 9.1.2.12028-1 last week. Now I am getting complaints from 7962 users with headsets stating that while in headset mode they cannot transfer a call. They are stating that when they press the transfer button it simply puts the person on hold with no ability to dial digits.

If I take them out of headset mode the transfer feature returns.

If I downgrade from SCCP42.9-3-1SR4-1S to SCCP42.9-3-1SR2-1S transfer functionality retuns in headset mode.

Any ideas? Or is this a bug?

• IP Telephony
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi there, I'm not sure how

Hi there,

I'm not sure how this is marked as "fixed" .....crying

Problems transferring/answering calls when using headset with 79XX phone
CSCun26289

Symptom:
- When a user attempts to transfer a call, the original call is placed on hold, but the user is not able to dial the transfer destination.
- When a user already has an active call on their phone, they are unable to answer a new incoming call. The original call is placed on hold, and the new call is simply disconnected.

Conditions:
- Using a headset with a 7900 series phone
- Running firmware 9.3(1)SR4

Workaround:
- Do not use a headset
- Rollback to 9.3(1)SR3 or earlier

Cheers!
Rob
"May your heart always be joyful And may your song always be sung May you stay forever young " - Dylan
5 REPLIES

Ok I can confirm that when I

Ok I can confirm that when I downgrade the phone from SCCP42.9-3-1SR4-1S to SCCP42.9-3-1SR2-1S the transfer functionality returns.

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi there, I'm not sure how

Hi there,

I'm not sure how this is marked as "fixed" .....crying

CSCun26289

Symptom:
- When a user attempts to transfer a call, the original call is placed on hold, but the user is not able to dial the transfer destination.
- When a user already has an active call on their phone, they are unable to answer a new incoming call. The original call is placed on hold, and the new call is simply disconnected.

Conditions:
- Using a headset with a 7900 series phone
- Running firmware 9.3(1)SR4

Workaround:
- Do not use a headset
- Rollback to 9.3(1)SR3 or earlier

Cheers!
Rob
"May your heart always be joyful And may your song always be sung May you stay forever young " - Dylan

I think this is a fantastic

I think this is a fantastic workaround: - Do not use a headset

Really?

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi there, Tell that

Hi there,

Tell that "workaround" to your users laugh probably won't fly I'm guessing!!

I might open a TAC case to see if they have a "fixed-in" version available for special download.

Cheers!

Rob

I know this is 4 months old,

I know this is 4 months old, but I just wanted to follow up. Had the same issue on 79XX phones with headsets, today.

Opened a support ticket with TAC, received a fixed firmware version.

The Cisco Caveat Id for this issue is:

CSCun26289

The updated version is SCCP45.9-3-1ES27S

The 'transfer' seems a little off still, but it does work. The headset almost disconnects, then immediately reconnects. Seems to add about 2 seconds to the transfer time once users are used to the issue.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.