Views
Helpful
Replies

Device Security Modes, Authentication and Encrypted Status

Rizal Ferdiyan
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

Can you help me, please .... maybe you have hints ...

I want to active ipphone authentication to CUCM with CTL, but i don't have any experienced with CTL.

my question is first, can i check ipphone authentication and encrypted status in CUCM or ipphone (status whether ipphone is authenticated/encrypted or not),

second, can end user change device security modes (non secure, authenticate and encrypted) without administrator assistance?

BR,

Rizal Ferdiyan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, the users see the status of the call (encrypted, authenticated), see the end user guide for icons identifying it:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7975G_7971g-ge_7970g_7965g_7945g/8_6/english/user_guide/75706545adv.html#wpxref61311

Second question answer is  No, only administrator can control this.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, the users see the status of the call (encrypted, authenticated), see the end user guide for icons identifying it:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7975G_7971g-ge_7970g_7965g_7945g/8_6/english/user_guide/75706545adv.html#wpxref61311

Second question answer is  No, only administrator can control this.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Just to add on Chris' response: You'll want to review the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Security Guide, Release 8.6(1). It explains the process and considerations for putting a cluster in mixed-mode. I suggest you try this in a lab at least twice before doing it in production. It's easy to cause an outage if you do this wrong.

Thank U Chris and Jonathan,

Kindly help me if u don't busy, I have another question,

1. If i set CUCM cluster security mode in mixed-mode, i set up security modes for cisco ipphone to encrypted and  i don't create LSC to one ipphone whether that ipphone can still register to CUCM?

2. If i set CUCM cluster security mode in mixed mode, and then i set up security modes for cisco ipphone to non-secured and thent i don't create LSC to that ipphone, whether that ipphone can still register/call to CUCM ?

BR,

Rizal Ferdiyan

The phone security profile will determine whether the phone can register in a nonsecure manner. If the security profile requries authentication the phone will not be allowed to register nonsecure. Phone security profiles can differ per-phone so you can have a mix of secured/unsecured endpoints.

Please rate helpful responses.

Ok, thank u guys, i have a little understanding here, ... ....

i will continue explore with the link you gave to me ....

BR,

Rizal Ferdiyan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: