Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DHCP Server Issues

I have a weird problem that has started all of the sudden. For the past 5 years, we've run a DHCP server on the call manager that dishes out addresses / tftp info to phones. We have also run a second DHCP server that gives IP addresses to client workstations. Client workstations and phones are on different subnets and has worked fine in the past, but starting to night, if a phone is reset, it obtains address information from the workstation subnet DHCP server. I have to disable that scope in order for the phone to obtain a proper dhcp assignment from the call manager. any ideas?

2 REPLIES

Re: DHCP Server Issues

so I've found lots of articles talking about this same problem. I dont understand how it just started, but it may be related to a new DHCP server on the network. I was just told it was upgraded from a 2k to 2k3 server and there is no option 150 in the DHCP options. I can't update loads on the phones for about a week. any ideas how to get around this would be appreciated.

Silver

Re: DHCP Server Issues

Vlans Changes?

Run Ethereal on your Workstation which is connected to a phone, activate both DHCP server and see where the Problem rely.

Sniffing is your Best Friend in this situation.

HTH

Views
Helpful
Replies