cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial Peer Help

mparella
Level 1
Level 1

I have central call processing, 2 offices, each with their own GWs.

I am having trouble with international calls from one of the offices (Office A). My international Route Pattern (INT_RP)in CM is simply a 9.@ for Office A. For Office B (INT_RPB)it is 9011!

Both Offices only have 9. pots dial peers in GWs.

Is the problem that I need a dial-peer of 9011T in the GW of Office B??

Will rate Posts.

24 Replies 24

Still no change, cannot place the international calls and the Gateway settings are matching. I double checked with my provider and we do in fact have international service.

I'm out of ideas. Any other thoughts?

Thanks again!

Have you tried a csim start and ran a debug on the ISDN and pots dial-peer? If the call is successful then you can rule out possibly any gateway config and look more at the configs on the ccm.

Matt,

Not sure how to do that. If it's noty too detailed for you to do, can you send me a quick instruction on that.

Will rate post.

are you discarding the 9 at the call manager? if not....do so.

remove the 9 on the dial peer

get rid of the prefix under the dial peer and add "discard-digits none"

Steve

Regards,
Steve
Please rate all helpful posts.

Steve,

Appreciate your input.

On the CM Route Pattern configuration I have discard digits as "Pre-dot" now, originally I had "none". I removed the 9 from the dial-peer and the prefix from the dial-peer.

Now at least I am getting a message fro the provider saying "call cannot be completed as dialed". Is there something else I need to present to them.

Will rate, thanks!

can you send some q931 debugs?

Regards,
Steve
Please rate all helpful posts.

miket
Level 5
Level 5

Try this dial peer

dial-peer voice 3125 pots

description International Dialing

preference 1

destination-pattern 9011T

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/1:23

prefix 011

Really appreciate your input. I gave it a try and here's the debug q931 output. Any ideas?

Hi, the problem is that the setup is sent as "international" type AND the prefix 011 is present, that is an invalid configuration.

The way it works, normally internatiol calls are "unknown" type and the 011 prefix.

OR, you set international type call, and the number begins with the country code and no prefix. But, I've never seen anybody doing that and I would no recommended that.

So you need to go into whatever CM or router config where you specified "international" and take it away.

Understood. Do you hapeen to know where this specific setting might be located? I attached a screenshot of my GW setup for outbound. I am running H.323 and my route pattern is just a 9.@ for international. I also noticed the "Route Filter" which I am not familiar with.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: