Views
Helpful
Replies

dial-peer matching/best practice

noname2010
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

we have a call manager cluster with a H323 gateway, DID range is 200X, telco sending 4 digits to the PRI

we also have a non-DID range, 201X

on the h323 gateway, we have below dial-peer configured

dial-peer voice 2000 voip

destination-pattern 200.

session target IPv4:CM_IP

codec

blah

dial-peer voice 1000 pots

incoming called .

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0:23

dial-peer voice 100 pots

destination-pattern 9.T

port 0/0:23

when PSTN caller called one of the DID, 2001, the incoming dial-peer is 1000, and outgoing dial-peer is 2000, this is clear

when one of the DID making PSTN call, I would guess the incoming dial-peer is 2000, and outgoing dial-peer is 100

how about the non-DID making PSTN call? which incoming dial-peer would be matched? default dial-peer 0? what is the dial-peer 0 default config?

if matching the default dial-peer 0, as best practice, do we need add a specific dial-peer like

dial-peer voice 50 voip

incoming called .

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I would concur with your first two statements.

For the final one, the call would match peer 0, and get default settings. This process (and peer 0) are described here:

http://www.buycisco.info/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010fed1.shtml#topic1

You can do a debug voip dialpeer to see what is being matched.

You could fix this lots of ways:

1) Adjust the destination-pattern on peer 2000 to be 20[01]. - yes, calls should never get routed out via it, but it is used as a match for inbounds calls

2) Add incomining called-number . to the 2000 peer, so all VoIP calls hit that.

3) Add another dial peer same as 2000, but with 201. matched and same settings.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I would concur with your first two statements.

For the final one, the call would match peer 0, and get default settings. This process (and peer 0) are described here:

http://www.buycisco.info/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010fed1.shtml#topic1

You can do a debug voip dialpeer to see what is being matched.

You could fix this lots of ways:

1) Adjust the destination-pattern on peer 2000 to be 20[01]. - yes, calls should never get routed out via it, but it is used as a match for inbounds calls

2) Add incomining called-number . to the 2000 peer, so all VoIP calls hit that.

3) Add another dial peer same as 2000, but with 201. matched and same settings.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron for your reply.

for the non-DID, here is my opinion regarding your reply

add destination-pattern would not make sense, because it confused with DID range

add incoming called . to 2000 dialpeer would case confusion as well for troubleshooting

I prefer the 3rd option to have a separate dial-peer with incoming called . only, not destination-pattern

what is your opinion?

thanks

Hi

As I say, all should work, so it's whatever you are most comfortable with.

I like option 3 as well. Just proves that the first thing you think of isn't always the most sensible :-)

Aaron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: