Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial-Peer overlapping numbers

j.mcmullen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Looking for some help.  I'm kind of new to the whole cisco VOIP world coming from mainly TDM.

I setup a TDM to IP link between an Avaya PBX and NEC switch like so: Avaya -> h323 -> Cisco 2911 -> qsig T1 -> NEC. 

Links are working perfectly, but my problem is the dial plan.  Avaya side has 4 digit extensions and NEC has 5 digit extensions.  I have my dial plans setup now and they're working for calls between the two. 

My gotcha is this.  I'd like to send anything that comes from the avaya side (extensions, PSTN traffic, etc) to go straight to the NEC side and the same in reverse.  I can't seem to build the dial-peer to accomplish that.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That sounds good and hopefully both PSTN providers dont go down at the same time and cause a call loop back and forth.

You could also use steering digits, ie one system prefixes all outgoing numbers with (eg. 7) and the other system prefixes with (eg.8) and you can write dial-peers so that 7.... goes to port x/y:23 and 8.... goes to port a/b:23.

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Is there a reason that you have PSTN traffic going in both directions?

Anyways, you could accomplish this using CoR - class of restrictions. 

Thanks, i'll have to do some reading on the COR setup to see if i can make it work.

The reason i'd want to pass PSTN both ways is both sides (NEC & Avaya) both have PSTN connections.  We'd want to use this path we've setup as a failover in the event one side or the other lost their primary PSTN link.  It'd be messy, but they'd at least get dialtone.

That sounds good and hopefully both PSTN providers dont go down at the same time and cause a call loop back and forth.

You could also use steering digits, ie one system prefixes all outgoing numbers with (eg. 7) and the other system prefixes with (eg.8) and you can write dial-peers so that 7.... goes to port x/y:23 and 8.... goes to port a/b:23.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: