Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial-peer to remove leading 9

techguy
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I just want to know that below rule would remove 9 from incoming number. Now i am using CUCM 7 with h323 gateway. Telco is sending last 4 digits and poiting to CTI route point.

Now at above scenario, whats the use? and where shall i call that profile ( Either inn dial-peer or in voice port)

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^9/ //

voice translation-profile 1

translate called 1

8 Replies 8

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hi

9 is used for outgoing call , but if your teleco send 9XXXX , please clarrify . Please use the below:-

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^9\ (....\)/ /\1/

voice translation-profile DID

translate called 1

voice-port 0/1/0:23        /If you use T1 , and based on your ISDN connection and port/

translation-profile incoming   DID

Thank you

please rate all useful information

Telco is not sending 9 digit with last four digits. In this case whats the usage of above rule?

Hi Omerpal,

If telco is not sending the leading digit 9 along with the incoming called number then there is no use of that given rule.

As per my view it might be applied for the outgoing called numbers.

Thanks

Hi

This if you get a call starts with 9XXX , then you can use the rule. If not , the rule will be useless. Can you please share with me more details about your request and i will help you.

Thank you

Actually, i have one issue that when i receive incoming call it comes without 9. And we cant dial this number by just viewing missed calls and press redial because we are using digit 9 for outgoing calls.

Hi

ohhhhhhhhh , so please find the below:-

Config t

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^.*/ /9&/

or

rule4 /^....$/ /9&/

voice translation-profile INBOUND_PSTN

translate calling 1

voice-port X/X/X

translation-profile incoming INBOUND_PSTN

Thank you

Hi

you can also use the below link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00805b6f33.shtml

Thank you

please rate all sueful information

i dont have isdn link there but fxo ports

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: