cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial Plans- updating them

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

Can anyone let me know the frequency of Cisco updating the Dial Plans. Recently in the UK 2 x new numbers were created 03xxx and 075xx which do not appear in the dial plan. In addition I tried to update the dial plan before via note pad but the change which was correct then stopped date dial plan from working- Should I be able to manually update the dial plan if the update frequency is too long

thanks.

3 Replies 3

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I'd probably log a tac case.. I had the same thing with the Irish Dialplan.. I dont think they actively update them otherwise.

Cheers,

Tim.

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Certainly, you can update the plan manually, however it only takes effect every time you cycle the CallManager service. The file is located in c:\Program files\Cisco\DialPlan\.

What you also need to be aware of is that that DNA also needs restarting for DNA to reflect the change.

Unfortunatley I'm not familiar with changing the DialPlan in 5.x or 6.x.

Incidentally the O2 mobile number 075 is included in the latest GBNP 1.1.5.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Allan.

Hope this helps.

Allan.

Allan, Do you have the exact url on the cisco web site as I can not locate Dial plan back in Feb 2006. If you go to the download page there is a country dial plan link but now it doesn`t show show the indiviudal plans just a grouped one for Linksys. Our CCM was installed in August when was the UK dial plan updated?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: