Helpful
Replies

Dial Tone after pressing 9 in Call Manger 9.1

tiger_401
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am running call manager 9.1

The issue is that when i press 9 to make an outside call.

I am not able to hear the dial tone once i press the digit 9.

Althought i have check marked the option "provide outside dial tone" in the route pattern.

Kindly guide me what could be the issue.

I will be very grateful to you.

Regards,

Malik           

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will only hear secondary or outside dial tone after pressing 9, if all possible matching patterns in CUCM have "provide outside dialtone" set on them.  Most of the time there is a pattern that matches 9 that does not have secondary dialtone set on it.  Here's a way to find the pattern. 

Login to the command line of your CUCM server and run this command:

run sql select n.dnorpattern,r.name as partition,n.outsidedialtone from numplan n, routepartition r where n.dnorpattern like '9%' and r.pkid = n.fkroutepartition

Check the output and find what pattern also starts with 9 but does not have outsidedialtone set to 't'.  Keep in mind that there may be a pattern starting with a wildcard so you may have to search for "like 'X%' and things like that too.

View solution in original post

In addition to great answer by Joseph (+5) this may also be caused by other overlapping patterns, such as XXXX, [1-9]XXX, or DNs starting with 9, all of which would have to have the checkbox checked. DNs in CUCM 9 and below cannot be checked for "provide outside dial tone" so those will need to be changed if you have any starting with 9.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will only hear secondary or outside dial tone after pressing 9, if all possible matching patterns in CUCM have "provide outside dialtone" set on them.  Most of the time there is a pattern that matches 9 that does not have secondary dialtone set on it.  Here's a way to find the pattern. 

Login to the command line of your CUCM server and run this command:

run sql select n.dnorpattern,r.name as partition,n.outsidedialtone from numplan n, routepartition r where n.dnorpattern like '9%' and r.pkid = n.fkroutepartition

Check the output and find what pattern also starts with 9 but does not have outsidedialtone set to 't'.  Keep in mind that there may be a pattern starting with a wildcard so you may have to search for "like 'X%' and things like that too.

In addition to great answer by Joseph (+5) this may also be caused by other overlapping patterns, such as XXXX, [1-9]XXX, or DNs starting with 9, all of which would have to have the checkbox checked. DNs in CUCM 9 and below cannot be checked for "provide outside dial tone" so those will need to be changed if you have any starting with 9.

HTH,

Chris

Dear Chris and Joseph,

Thanks a lot for your great support and excellent tips.

The issue was that i have mistakenly created a test dn 9999 which was the casue of the issue.

I am really thankful for your great support.

Regards,

Malkk