Views
Helpful
Replies

Dialing from phone directory

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hi All,

Looking for a user in the phone directory used to show 5 digits extension. My client required to display in full E.164 format. We managed to do so. The issue that we are facing now is that all calls are going through PSTN including the internal 5 digits extensions. How can I work around this? We don't want the internal extension to go through PSTN.  I was planning to use the Transformation Pattern but wanted to see if I have other options. Your help is very much appreciated.

MK

5 Replies 5

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The simple and easy way is to use a translation pattern to change the numberb back from full to 5 digits only

HTH

If helpful rate

Thanks Marwanshawi,

Using the TP will apply to all outbound calls. right?

Let's say I would like to call the extension 12345 and the phone directory displays +16174512345. The TP will strip +161745 and rings the extension12345. How about if I want to dial a 10 digits local number. Won't the TP strip the predot digits and try to ring the last 5 digits?

Thanks,

MK

Yes and in this case you need to make sure to cover the DID range of your company in the pattern to make sure it wont overlap with other pstn numbers

For example if your DID range is 1234567800 to 1234567899 then make the translation pattern as 12345678XX on this case only it will match the DID of your company to be translated to an internal number

Hope this help

Marwanshawi,

We have about 600 sites around the world and more than 700 ranges of DID. Do I need to create a TP for each range?

Thanks,

MK

Yes !

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App