Views
Helpful
Replies

Dialpeer Madness

hellspire69_2
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning Netpro'ers :)

I'm really hoping someone can solve my dilemma. I have a range of phones that when dialing externally i wish them to use the g729r8 codec. I know how to do this on the gateway under the voip DP with the voice class this is not the problem. What im struggling with is that i cannot get the 23xx range for instance to hit a certain dial-peer, the range and any range for that matter always picks the top Dialpeer, does anyone know how i can solve this issue as its driving me insane :)

regards in advance.

Dan

4 Replies 4

bigcappa1
Level 4
Level 4

Dan,

You could Use the preference command in the dial peer to decide which dial-peer is used first. Hvae a look at this document

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080094852.shtml

You didnt say what the call control was CUCM CUCME? IF its the former you could also try prefixing an outgoing number from that range and then strip it off at the dial-peer again

Hope this helps

Paul

Hiya Paul, Thanks for the prompt reply! :) the reason tat the preference command would not be any good, is because then rather then the top DP being called upon first then it would just be another somewhere down the line that all the outgoing calls would use. I dont mind everything using the top DP except the outgoing range 23xx for instance so that they will use a DP that has specific voice-class instructions to use the g729r8 pref :).

I have also tryed the route pattern route. This also still hits the top DP :( although it now hits my new pots DP you cannot change codecs there but only on the voip DP's.

CUCM fyi :)

Regards

Hi,

You did say it was for the pots peers so sorry misread the question. The only other thing I can think of is if you are using H323 gateways you could enable the outgoing calls for Fast Start and select the G729 codec there. I dont see a similar option for this in MGCP.

Check the H323 Gateway configuration and select Help for this page for more information

Thanks

Paul

what i would do in this case is the following:

(assuming you use cucm)

-in the pattern(s) for extenal calls that the phones in the 23xx range that you mention, do called party transformation or a prefix of for instance 22. Basically one a user dials a PSTN number CUCM will add 22 to it (user transparent).

-on your H323 gateway add a dial-peer with a 220T detsination pattern (if you have a 0 for an outside line that is). configure whatever codec you want on it.

This is normally how I do it on gateways with different FXO ports that I want to force out a certain port for caller ID purposes.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: