Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Dialtone at wrong digit

I have one CSS that's behaving oddly.  We require 9 to reach an external line.  In my normal device pool/CSS, when I dial 9, I get a dialtone, then I continue with 1800xxxxxxx.  However another phone with a different device pool/CSS, I don't hear the dailtone till later.  I dial 918 (then I hear the dialtone), then I continue with 00xxxxxxx and the call completes.

Where would I look to find this problem?  What determines when it transmits the dialtone sound?

Thanks

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Dialtone at wrong digit

You will hear outside dial tone only when all potentially matching patterns have the "outside dial tone" option checked or enabled on them.  If you have a pattern that still may be matched in your CSS/partition list that does not have outside dial tone set on it, then you will not hear outside dial tone until that pattern is elimitated from the potential list of matches.

Here's a SQL query to locate what pattern is causing the problem.  This will print all patterns starting with 9 that do not have outside dial tone set and what partitions they are in.

run sql select n.dnorpattern,r.name as partition,n.outsidedialtone from numplan n, routepartition r where n.dnorpattern like '9%' and r.pkid = n.fkroutepartition

Community Member

Dialtone at wrong digit

Very helpful, thanks.  That command showed me all partitions, so I added and n.outsidedialtone = 'f'

Nothing there jumped out at me.  There's the 911 partitions, but that's the same for all CSS's. 

There's no way to tell, when I press that first 9, which possible patterns it's matching that still has outside dial tone disabled? Like a simulator for this various device/css?

Cisco Employee

Dialtone at wrong digit

There's the dialed number analyzer tool, but that tool checks the number as an "enbloc" number meaning all digits are sent at once rather than digit by digit.  You could use that tool to do an analysis on 9 first to see what alternative matches there are, then enter 9x as the dialed number and do another analysis, etc.  Another approach would be to use the phone that is having the problem and go off hook and dial 9 then 1.  If you hear outside dial tone, you know the pattern does not start with 91.  Hang up, and go off hook and dial 92, if you do not get secondary dial tone, the pattern starts with 92.  You can keep doing this process with 921, 922, 923, to isolate it down to the problem pattern.

Community Member

Dialtone at wrong digit

Interesting ideas.  I tried the DNA, but when I just enter 9, the Alternate Matches shows:

Alternate Matches

Note: Information Not Available

So trying via the problem phone, I can confirm that 9[0,2-9] provide dialtone.  Only 91 waits.  Then again 91[0,2-9] provides dialtone.  So I assume the problem has something to do with 911.  But my 911 translation pattern looks consistant for this CSS and my working ones.

Cisco Employee

Dialtone at wrong digit

You need to look at your whole dial plan to find out what is that you're matching along with the RPs.

Try to search for the obvious first, something with 918, if no avail, look at anything with wildcards

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

Dialtone at wrong digit

do a route plan report on 91 then verify you have checked the box that says provide outside dialtone on each pattern.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content