Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

DID Over FXS Not Working

Hi All,

Has anyone done this befoe i am struggling to see any inbound traffic on the voice gateway when i swing over the did pstn lines.

FXS config below.

voice-port 2/0/0
signal did immediate
translation-profile incoming INCOMING-DDI
no vad
cptone EG
description link to inbound DID
bearer-cap Speech
!

Oh it's in Egypt.

Cheers

Dave

12 REPLIES

Re: DID Over FXS Not Working

Dave

Did you mean to say FXO instead of FXS?

I mean, sounds like you want to connect an analog PSTN line into an FXS port.

can you elaborate, attach the full config and tell the forum what you have done to troubleshoot the issue,

Thanks

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi,

Gateway config attached and the inventory. The cards are fxs/did which according to Cisco will support pstn did lines. I have got 5 did pstn lines with a 100 number range split across the 5 pstn lines and 19 pstn lines connected to fxo cards for outbound calls. Once the 5 pstn did lines were connected to the fxs cards i tried to make inbound calls whilst debugging vpm signall, vtsp all, voice ccapi inout and dialpeer. I didn't see any activity on the fxs porst when i tried to make an inbound call. The fxo outbound are fine.

Regards

Dave

Cisco Employee

FXS/DID card can be configured for analog DID sig. and connected to DID

lines for inbound calling. Unlike FXO, DID allows digits collection(dnis) but

does not support outbound calling (towards telco)

It may need little tweaking to get them to work. Try running deb vpm sig and

see if u notice any port activity while making a call.

DK

Hi Dilip,

I've tried that but did't see any activity at all.

Cheers

Dave

Cisco Employee

Dave,

Are you sure the DID lines are set to immediate?

Can you collect the following debugs for a failed inbound call.

debug voip ccapi inout

debug vpm signal

Note the calling and called party number.

If the inbound call is hitting the dial-peer with direct-inward-dial configured then the call will definitely fail.

-Felipe

Hi Felipe,

This is the issue ! i don't see any call activity when i make an inbound call. I have no idea if it is immediate or not. The pots dial-peers are used for outbound. The voip dial-peers are used for inbound on the fxs ports using a translation profile to match the inbound digits.

Cheers

Dave

Cisco Employee

Hey Dave,

Something does not make sense....FXS/DID shd be using a pots dialpeer (not voip)

for inbound with direct-inward-dial disbaled.

Even if there is a signaling mis-match or digit collection issue, u should see something

in vpm debugs. If not then u need to check cabling and/or call your provider/telco to

ensure that call is hitting the DID port.

Thx.

DK

dave.hodgkiss@bt.com

Hi Felipe,

This is the issue ! i don't see any call activity when i make an inbound call. I have no idea if it is immediate or not. The pots dial-peers are used for outbound. The voip dial-peers are used for inbound on the fxs ports using a translation profile to match the inbound digits.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dilip,

I presume i just need a pots dial-peer in the same trunk group as the fxs did voice port. What would i configure on the POTS with reference to digit manipulation. It's a first for me so i am shooting in the dark at the moment.

Regards.

Dave

Cisco Employee

Hi Dave,

You can configure a pots dialpeer with just the port and translation. If you know the initial few

digits that are going to come in, add incoming callled-num as well. I would not worry about

configuring trunk group as these ports can't be used for outbound dialing.

Even if you are not using proper dial peer you should atleast see the port being seized in vpm

debugs. Else call your telco. Here's some troubleshooting info for reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a008010ff92.shtml

DK

Dave,

you mentioned in your first post that you swung your inbound pstn;s around, does this mean re-patching, I mean are you confident your cable pair is ok?

R.,

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

i'm not 100% on that it could have got lost in translation.

Cisco Employee

So, the calls were matching the pots dial-peer with direct-inward-dial configured? To avoid this type of problem, make sure that the correct inbound and outbound dial-peers are configured.

For more information,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010fed1.shtml

-Felipe

Views
Helpful
Replies