Views
Helpful
Replies

DID pointing to another Extension

AbteenZ
Level 1
Level 1

Hi-

We have call manager version 11.5 and an MGCP voice gateway with PRI connection to PSTN which passes 4 digits as DID.

we had range of 4400 - 4499 assigned to our users as extensions.

now we have expanded our DID range and they assigned numbers ending with 4400 - 4499 but we don't want those extensions to ring.

How we can achieve this?

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Heh, so let me understand if I'm correct... now you have 2 DID ranges ending with the same digits?

If that's the case, I would start with contacting the ITSP in order to find me a new DID range with a different suffix.

If they won't do it, you have only one choice as I can see it:

Ask them (the ITSP) at least to pass you the full DID on incoming call, so you'll be able to differ between the ranges via the Translation Pattern. So the old range, will internally translate to extensions 4400 - 4499, and the new DID range will translate to 2400 - 2499. Meaning you'll use a different prefix for the internal extensions.

No we had DID block of 1000-1099  and 4500 - 4599 and we don't have extensions in those ranges and these DIDs Point to other extensions.

Now we have new DID range of 4400-4499 which we have extension in that range but we don't want them to ring down when those DIDs are called.

I was thinking about using CSS and partitions but it seems like it's not how it works.

There is no other way to do this, besides adding digits yourself, or have the telco add digits to differentiate them, and then do whatever translation you need to have to adjust to your dial plan.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

How can I add digits myself without asking the Telco?

why num exp doesn't work?

Thanks