Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DID problem, please help!

Hello everybody:

I got a case like this: that customer have 300+ PSTN number, and he wants DID. but problem is : the inside number and PSTN number are totally difference! Just like PSTN call 5151111 he wants 3456 ringing. And he dont wanna change his inside number...and he also dont wanna have 2 number on the phone......so what can I do? create 300+ translation pattern?? any one can make it simply?

Thanks!

Best regard

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

translation rules will not be scalable here as there appears to be no relationship between the DID and internal extension, alternatively if you do not want to do this via TPs because this is an SRST site, you can use num-exp on the voice gateway.

HTH,

Chris

Re: DID problem, please help!

The issue is TR are limited to I belive now 50 or 99 rules on newer IOS, older IOS it was only 16.

Chris

6 REPLIES

Translation patterns are the way to go here.

Chris

How many digit  the  provider forwards to your customer?

also, you can configure translation rules on the VG to make tanslations scalable in case of fallback.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

translation rules will not be scalable here as there appears to be no relationship between the DID and internal extension, alternatively if you do not want to do this via TPs because this is an SRST site, you can use num-exp on the voice gateway.

HTH,

Chris

I assume that translation rule on vg are more scalable because you have to configure them just in one place and their are valid for both normal condition and srst case.

Carlo

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

The issue is TR are limited to I belive now 50 or 99 rules on newer IOS, older IOS it was only 16.

Chris

thanks a lot! I just try it, num-exp limited now is 100 and num-exp limited is 250, I think I can use both of them.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content