cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DID's config into a 2811 router to work with a fax server

charlotterob
Level 1
Level 1

we have several dial-peer voip already config into our router. although what i dont really understand is the following issue.

we have a block of did's already config into the 2811 for example they start with 12374420XX and 12374424XX

voice-port 0/2/3

description FAX-3 1237442039 via PORT5

station-id name ABC company

station-id number 1237442039

caller-id enable

!

dial-peer voice 14 voip

preference 1

destination-pattern 24..

session target ipv4:192.168.10.11

incoming called-number 6T

dtmf-relay h245-signal

codec g711ulaw

fax rate 14400

fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback cisco

!

Now telco have assigned us with another blocks of did but they are not in the 123-744-XXXX these new did's are now 123-567-XXXX, my question is since the prefix have changed is the isdn call will be able to pass thru if i configure a dial peer such as the one already config into the router, ?

Thank you for your help

21 Replies 21

Hi Charlotte,

As I was saying three of four messages ago, the number in brackets are not prefixes, but list or range of digits. So to send these specif DIDs you can setup one single dial peer if you want:

destination-pattern [12][39]..

this means first digit 1 or 2, second digit 3 or 9, third and fourth digit doesn't matter.

you don't need no preference neither incoming called-number.

As long this does not cover other DIDs that are sent to CM, you will be fine.

Paolo,

But some of my extension already starts with 2XXX and 3XXX and those are directed to the callmanager, What i am trying to do is set up this new set of block of did's to be routed to the fax server. if i set up a dial pattern like you are saying then all calls including previous did's will be forward to the fax server instead?, because if you are right about the telco sending only 4 digits, then it will be a problem

dial-peer voice 18 voip

preference 1

dtmf-relay h245-signal

codec g711ulaw

fax rate 14400

The call manager ip is 10.0.0.4

the fax server ip is 192.168.10.11

If you look at the current config of the router i alreay have some did's within the same range, again thank you for your time

Hi, from what you told me, the new DIDs do not overlap the previous one. I think the destination-pattern I suggested before is specific enough to send only the right calls to the fax server, because it doesn't look at the first digit only, but also at the second. And, the original DID block starts with 20 and so is defined in destination-pattern.

Hi Paolo

This is what i have done following your guidance

!

dial-peer voice 18 voip

dtmf-relay h245-signal

codec g711ulaw

fax rate 14400

!

!

!

I am currently testing those did's into the system

Hi paolo,

Well as in my previous email, below you can see the dial-peer that i have created. Well everything went fine, but come to find out that those did's that they give me WERE NOT ACTIVE YET!!!!!i guess they will flip the switch sometime this week, ONCE AGAIN YOU WERE RIGHT

!

dial-peer voice 18 voip

preference 1

dtmf-relay h245-signal

codec g711ulaw

fax rate 14400

!

!

I have another question while i was creating the new dial-peer 18, i think i createad a dial-peer 20 voip, how do i go by deleting dial-peer 20 voip? thank you again

Paolo I feel bad that you are helping me a lot with this, and not only being a mentor for me, Can i just send you some paypal money for your lunch at least? do you have a paypal account, at least i can take care of your lunch for one day, Once again thank you so much for your help!

Hi Charlotte,

Be confident that all will be working fine and your users very happy.

To remove unwanted dial-peers, just type "no dial-peer voice XX" in global configuration mode.

I'm very pleased, by your nice words but again I have to tell you again that money can never be involved here. It's like a non-written rule. Just don't worry about it. They say the Internet has changed everything, here is your little change for good Charlotte.

I only have a recommendation for you. When you read technical material, manuals (the ones that are well done), or even discussion here, try to dedicate more time to read and focus one sentence or one word at time if necessary. Often our style is very terse, there are no wasted words. Think the opposite of marketing, few words but a lot of content.

Excuse me if I got off-topic. Best and take it easy.

Paolo

Once again I will take your advise when it comes to reading and understanding of the cisco technical jargon.

Well Paolo you are to me like a mentor and I now have confidence in your knowledge, and I am pretty sure all the users here of this forum are very happy to have you here

I am very dissapointed that you are declining my misserable lunch offer but i understand that we must follow rules.

Thank you very much for your help