cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Difference between CTI route point and CTI route port

jason-calbert_2
Level 3
Level 3

I'm trying to find out what the difference is between a CTI route Point and a CTI route Port is. If anyone can shed some light on this I would appreciate it. Thanks

Jason

3 Replies 3

Zin.Karzazi
Level 5
Level 5

A CTI Port is a virtual port. It is analogous to a trunk line in a traditional ACD or PBX setting. i.e The CTI Port allows access to the Post Routing capabilities of the IP-IVR.

A CTI Route Point is a virtual device that can receive multiple simultaneous calls for the purpose of application-controlled redirection. Once a CTI Route Point has been created, lines (directory numbers) can be added and configured. Applications that use CTI route points include the Cisco IP Interactive Voice Response (IP-IVR) system and Cisco JTAPI with ICM. Calls are directed to CTI Route Points, which subsequently route the call to an available CTI port, the front end of the application. A CTI Route Point is the number a caller dials to access the application. A CTI Route Point must be configured for each application.

Hi Zin.Harzazi,

Could you please provide a link to know more about CTI Route Point and CTI Route port? I will also look for a book on Cisco Press about ICM, periferal gateway. Any recommendations?

Thank you,

-Calin

You can read the CTI section of call processing in the SRND:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/9x/callpros.html#wp1083026

I think it does a good job explaining it.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: