Views
Helpful
Replies

different gateways in same route group

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

Is it possible to put a PRI from one gateway and a PRI from a second gateway in the same route group?

To perform a sort of load balancing?

Thanks,

Bye,

JH

4 Replies 4

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

Yes in Route Group Configuration adds the IP Address of the gateways, and select the distribution algorithm that you want:

Top Down—If you choose  this distribution algorithm, Cisco CallManager distributes a call to  idle or available members starting from the first idle or available  member of a route group to the last idle or available member.

Circular—If  you choose this distribution algorithm, Cisco CallManager distributes a  call to idle or available members starting from the (n+1)th member of a route group, where the nth member is the member to which Cisco CallManager most recently extended a call. If the nth member is the last member of a route group, Cisco CallManager distributes a call starting from the top of the route group.

See the Admin Guide of the CUCM, and in your case you can select the Circular Algorithm,

Rate this if is useful to you

Regards

Leonardo

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

Hi,

Thanks.

In my case I have a 3845 with two PRI lines and a 2911 with 1 PRI lines.

All the lines are under MGCP configuration.

When I create a new Route Group I see all PRI lines, when I add the PRI line from the 2911 to the route group the PRI lines from the 3845 disapear and vice versa.

This is normal?

thanks,

JH

What is the procedure that you are doing?

you have Route Group A, you search the device after you find the device  you click on "Add to Route Group" and save the config.

Do the same procedure on Route Group B.

Thanks

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

A liitle late, but if the problem has been solved you should tell it..

After a reboot of the cluster everything was correct, I could assign the PRI lines in one group.

So the cluster just had a bad day.

JH