Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Different Ringtones for each line / and for a 7915/16

Simple question...  I cant try because I dont have the devices..

If we have a Cisco phone with 6 or 8 button line,  is it possible to have a different ringtone for each line when there is an incoming call

And What about a 7915 or 7916, is it possible to have a different ringtone for each line when there is an incoming call

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

Well, yes but you're limited to eight different ringtones so you wouldn't have enough unique values to cover a sidecar. The distinctive ringing per-line doesn't seem to use the full ringlist file but only the basic chirp1-8 files.

Editorial comment: I question whether a user could actually memorize >8 unique ringtone combinations to know what it means anyways. This is a perfect example of: look at the phone before blindly picking up the receiver.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

4 REPLIES

Yes you can.

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh
VIP Super Bronze

Well, yes but you're limited to eight different ringtones so you wouldn't have enough unique values to cover a sidecar. The distinctive ringing per-line doesn't seem to use the full ringlist file but only the basic chirp1-8 files.

Editorial comment: I question whether a user could actually memorize >8 unique ringtone combinations to know what it means anyways. This is a perfect example of: look at the phone before blindly picking up the receiver.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Jonathan (+5) lol at the "Editorial Comment"

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh
Community Member

Johathan,  thanks for the help..

regarding your comment

"  I question whether a user could actually memorize >8 unique ringtone combinations to know what it means anyways. This is a perfect example of: look at the phone before blindly picking up the receiver "

It's a teachers room with many teachers, each teacher will have a different ring.. so this scenario is good for us

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content