Views
Helpful
Replies

Different Voice Bundles

shakkeerb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Our Reseller quoted us Cisco 2901 Voice Bundle with CUBE-10 Licesne. Will it support CME? or I should go for CME-SRST License? I dont need CUBE feature, so even if it support CME , Am I paying more in the name CUBE license?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

CME licenses are Right to Use (RTU) which means there are honor based, so technically you can still configure it, however legally you are not entitled to CME without CME licenses.  You can always add those on via separate purchase.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

Just to add for already present answers - Cisco by default included CUBE licenses in recent voice bundles. So for same price you are already given some CUBE RTU licenses which is good because of obvious SIP popularity these days and in the future.

HTH,
Dragan

HTH,
Dragan

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you need CME then you should be getting the CME bundle with CME/SRST licenses.  If you do not require CUBE licenses there is no reason to get them.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Mr. Chris,

In description it mention only CUBE licnese. Is it mean I will not be able to configure CME in that router??

CME licenses are Right to Use (RTU) which means there are honor based, so technically you can still configure it, however legally you are not entitled to CME without CME licenses.  You can always add those on via separate purchase.

HTH,

Chris

Thank You

Just to add for already present answers - Cisco by default included CUBE licenses in recent voice bundles. So for same price you are already given some CUBE RTU licenses which is good because of obvious SIP popularity these days and in the future.

HTH,
Dragan

HTH,
Dragan
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: