cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Difficult BLF problem

martin1.plank
Level 4
Level 4

I have CUCM 7.1.5 and I have a problem with certain BLF's.
Subcribe CSS A is configured on all phones with lines in partition A

Subcribe CSS B is configured on all phones with lines in partition B

Certain phones with lines in partition C are configured

Subscribe CSS A has partition A and C configured

Subscribe CSS B has partition B and C configured

BLFs for lines of partion C are configured on phones with subscribe A and also I did the same for B

At the phone X with subscribe CSS B the BLF for a line in partition C works fine.

At the phone Y with subscribe CSS A the BLF for the same line in partition C doesn't work.

I tried to use subscribe CSS B on phone X and it works fine.

I also tried to use subscribe CSS A on phone Y and it doesn't work too.

I configured a new subscribe CSS C with the same partition like subscribe CSS A and configured it on phone X -> same shit

Subscribe CSS is configured on about 1000 phones.

I need some help, please!!

9 Replies 9

Jose Mendez
Level 1
Level 1

Try this:

1. Remove partition A from CSS A and test it
  2. Create completely new partition > CSS > Directory Number (same pattern that it is not working now, only that associated to our new partition), assign it to phone, monitor it from phone X or Y with newly created subscribe CSS and test it out.
  3. Bring the results over here.

Cheers

Hi Jose,

First i removed Partition A from CSS and the testresult was the same.

Second: I think it is a CSS and partition problem. On SubCSS B it works fine! On SubCSS A lines in partition A works. B Lines with SubCSS B do so too.

Remove all lines of partition C is not possible.

I have a 3rd party application that works via CTIManager on the same phones showing the status of line C exactly.

thanks for help!

Martin, by the look of your post and rating of my first answer, it seems that you have the problem resolved. Could you please confirm?

Sorry!

The problem still exists.

Hi Jose,

From your Mail:

Ok so we have narrow it down to be a possible problem in partition C, since removing pt A didn't help CSS A to monitor lines in pt C.

Next step:
1. Create a wacky directory number like **999** (Stars included)
2. Assign it to pt C
3. Go to the BLF Speed Dial button and monitor **999**
4. Share the results please

So I did so!

I configured **999** an my phone, an configured the BLF on my neighbours phone. He uses the same SubCSS witch doesn't work on other phones.

Unfortunatly on my neighbours phone the BLF works :-((

Ok so, **999** works on your neighbors phone. What about other extensions in partition C, configured on that person's device?

Are they the same model your phone and his'?

Do you see the BLF icon on your IP Phone? Are there any differences between the icons on the 2 devices?

Hi Jose,

The problem occures on 7941 and 7961 phones.

The Icons look the same on working and nonworking phones.

My workaround: user SubscripeCSS from working on noneworking!

Some screenshots may help:

RB36901_BLF     Working for 000_VIP

RB36000_BLF     Nonworking for 000_VIP, working for the other partitions

Jose Mendez
Level 1
Level 1

Mark I can't really see the important details from the screenshots. Are you familiar with trace files? (configuration, collection)

If so, you migth want to reproduce the problem, collect the traces and tell us what the MAC addresses, IPs and extensions are.

Hi we solve the problems! Thanx!!