Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Digit Forwarding

Hi All,

Let's say I am in Maryland, US of A.  Verizon gives me 301-811-1xxx DIDs for my office.  I have a MGCP gateway connected to the Verizon PSTN network.  This MGCP gateway is managed by my CUCM 4.3.  When my aunt calls me, does the phone company typically forward the last 4 digits or the full 10 digits?  If they forward the full 10 digits, how do I configure CUCM to trim out 301-811 before forwarding to the user DN 1xxx?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Digit Forwarding

This is a configurable parameter you need to agree on with the provider, it could ba anything, typically it is either 4 or 10 digits in US. On CUCM side you control this via Significant Digits field on the GW port configuration. So, if you only need to see last 4 digits you set this field to 4.

HTH,

Chris

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Digit Forwarding

This is a configurable parameter you need to agree on with the provider, it could ba anything, typically it is either 4 or 10 digits in US. On CUCM side you control this via Significant Digits field on the GW port configuration. So, if you only need to see last 4 digits you set this field to 4.

HTH,

Chris

Digit Forwarding

Chris,

Perfect.  That's exactly what I am looking for.  Thanks!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content