Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

Digit Manipulation question

I have a customer with centralized Callmanager and sites throughout US and Europe. The CMs servers are located in HQ in NY.

Rather than dialing 4-digits to other branches(thus using the WAN)many of the users are still dialing the full 12-digit (ex:91-617-123-4567) causing the call to go over PSTN.

Customer would like to us to force these calls over the WAN if the called party is another user in a remote branch.

I was thinking of using Translation patterns and if the called number matched the range of DIDs used in remote branch, then strip the first 8 digits, the remaining 4-digits will match a Directory Number of the remote user and the call will be setup over WAN.

One of the drawback using this is when the remote site is in SRST because they lost their WAN connection to HQ. In this scenario because the CM is still available to users in HQ, the CallManager will still translate the number and try to send the call to remote user over WAN. Because the WAN is unavailable the call will not be completed. In this scenarion is there anything I can do so that if a call does not connect the CM will send the call over PSTN with all the original dialed digits?

6 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Digit Manipulation question

Hi,

On CCM, what happen if you make a CTI XXXX (on a dif part) and you send the call to that CTI, then, you can set the FWD all option to XXXX with a CSS that reachs the phones, and you can also set the device unregistered number (that will be the long distance dialing).

That's the only workaround that I have for that problem.

Please keep us posted

Silver

Or, on the remote office phones, you just set the device unregistered number and a CSS that only includes the GW (not the Trans Patt), that way, if the device get's unregisteded due to network connectivity, the call will be route through the PSTN.

Bronze

For the phone or directory number, were would I set the device unregistered number ?

Silver

Those settings goes on the line,

- Forward Unregistered Internal

- Forward Unregistered External

Also, the dummy CSS should only include the RP and the GW.

Bronze

Thank you, I forgot to mention I have CM 4.1(3) but now I have a good reason to upgrade to 4.2

Silver

Thanks for the update, I have CCM 4.2(3) and that feature was included on CCM 4.2.X train. At least you have the workaround ;)

Also, you can download the upgrade at CCO, here are the links:

--> Readme CCM 4.2(3): http://ftp-sj.cisco.com/cisco/crypto/3DES/voice/callmgr/4.2/ciscocm-ffu.4-2-3-ReadMe.pdf

--> Download CCM 4.2(3): http://ftp-sj.cisco.com/cisco/crypto/3DES/voice/callmgr/4.2/ciscocm-ffu.4-2-3.exe

Just download the upgrade and double-click it in order to install it (the server will reboot several times). BTW, check if your servers support the upgrade: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/voiceapp/ps378/prod_brochure09186a0080174928.html

Views
Helpful
Replies