Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DIGITS sending problem

I am using ccme 4.0. I have a fxo port on the ccme router. I have the following configured on the dial-peer..

dial-peer voi 100 pots

destination-pattern 9

The problem is that for users toi have access to the trunk line they will dial 9, then wait for a tone abd then dial their numbers..However if a user dial 9xxxxx...i.e 9 followed by the number he wishes to dial, the line drops...i tried another configuration which is this

dial-peer voi 100 pots

destination-pattern 9.......

forward digits 7

this works only for 7 digits numbers...

What I want to achieve is for users to have the flexibility of dialling all the numvers at once, please how can I do this

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: DIGITS sending problem

For inbound calls from a POTS interface that are destined for the packet network, the router matches a POTS dial peer for the inbound call leg and a voice-network dial peer, such as VoIP or VoFR, for the outbound leg. For inbound calls from the packet network, the router matches a POTS dial peer to terminate the call and a voice-network dial peer to apply features such as codec or QoS.

For inbound POTS call legs going to outbound voice-network dial peers, the router forwards all digits that it collects. On outbound POTS call legs, the router strips off explicitly matching digits and forwards any excess digits out the designated port. For specific information about how the router handles excess digits

The following URL should help:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080080aec.html

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content