Replies

Direct access to voicemail in CUCM 8

pjiracek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I've set up direct access to voicemail following some suggestions in

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/104912

I have a CTI route point with *XXXX redirected to a voicemail profile  with mailbox mask XXXX. It works perfectly well - dialling *1234 takes me directly to a voicemail box 1234. However, I don't seem to get it working in call forwarding. If I configure *1234 as a destibnation for any of the

Call Forward and Call Pickup Settings in Ditrectory number properties, I get the busy (reorder) tone. I've made sure the *XXXX number's partition is in the forwarding CSS but still no success. Any ideas anybody?

Thanks

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Why would you setup call forwarding to be *XXXX? It won't matter what you put as the XXXX as it will still recognize the forwarding phone when it hits VM unless this phone does not have VM or default behaviour is changed. Can you elaborate on exactly what your requirement is?

Chris

Sometimes there is a need to forward calls directly to a voicemail without ringing at the destination and have an option to change it flexibly.For example, a phone shared by several users who don't log on and want to at times redirect calls to this phone straight to their voicemail.

In case it's still confusing: forward to 1234 rings the phone 1234 and then goes to VM 1234. What I would like is forward to *1234 straight to VM.

As I said, dialling *1234 works OK, even transfer to *1234 during a call works, but not so forwarding to *1234.

Cheers

Hello,

Am trying to understand what you are trying to do, please let me know if understood you correctly:

Phone A:  DN 4000

Phone B: DN  5000

Phone C: DN 3000

You want when phone A calls phone B to forward this call to phone C voicemail?

Best regards,

Nizar

Yes, without phone C ringing.

Yet direct calls to phone C should be processed normally i.e. ringing and VM after timeout.

Hello,

I just did your scenario in my lab and everything worked perfectly.

I created CTI RP with DN= *XXXX (Please dont add in alerting or display any word that contains "voicemail").

then i did callforward all to voicemail (please make sure you select voicemail profile from Directory Number Settings in CTI RP).

then you have to go in Unity connection and from (System Settings->Advanced->Conversations check the "

Hi Nizar,

Thanks for your efforts. The problem is I'm using a third party VM, not Unity. And I suspected something like the suggested setting

"Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call"

is needed to get it working. I'll look at the VM and see if I can find something equivalent.

Our Telephonetics VM indeed uses the first redirecting number for redirecting to voicemail. And there doesn't seem to be any way to change it within the VM system

Any possibility to modify it in CUCM so that the VM would receive the seconfd redirecting number?

Hello,

You can do a workaround to achieve this from CUCM side. What I did is the following.

1- Create CTI RP with DN (**XXXX) and Call Forward All to Voicemail.

2- On VoiceMail profile add XXXX as mask.

3- Create SIP Trunk with the following configuration:

a- Inbound Calls -> Prefix DN = *

b- Outbound Calls -> Calling Party Selection = Last Redirect Number

c- SIP Information -> Destination = Same CUCM IP address, you can add all CUCM address in case of one CUCM is

down. (This looks like loopback to the same CUCM)

4- Create a route pattern with *XXXX pattern that point to SIP trunk you just created.

5- Now you can try and do a callforward to *XXXX, i just did it and worked perfectly without using unity connection last redirect number checkbox.

Also please make sure to delete the DN *XXXX that you used with CTI RP before, as it is same as your route pattern now.

Please rate helpful post.

Best regards,

Nizar

there is a service param in unity use last redirecting party for incoming calls, but this will affect all calls, it might help you achieve what you are looking for but it applies for all the calls.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: