Views
Helpful
Replies

Direct extension override

iancarder
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Here's my situation. We're balancing two voice systems right now. A CCM4 IP System and a Legacy System. The Legacy System is going away. We currently use 4 digit extension numbers and a gateway to translate the 4 digit dialing between phones on opposite systems. I have a route pattern that says, whenever 2XXX is dialed, send it to the gateway and in turn, the Legacy phone system.

We're rolling out IP phones in the areas with Legacy phones right now. I'd like to get a jump on configuring the phones. However, if I configure the Cisco IP phone with 2231 for instance, any call from an existing cisco phone will dial the new phone and ignore the route pattern.

I'd like it to dial the legacy phone with the 2231 extension assigned until we have all of the phones rolled out and have had training done.

Any ideas how to do this?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What version of CM do you have?

If you have 4.2 or 6.X you can take advantage of forward unregistered and set it to 2XXX route pattern assigning CSS to the forward unregistered with no access to the internal PT.

Other alternative is to add the new phones in isolated PT and use BAT to update the PT when you are ready.

Since you are going to have overlapping DNs on both systems make sure you dont trambone the calls, if you use QSIG it will take care of it natively, other PRI integrations can take down your PRI.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

just make the new phones in deffrent partetion and put them in a partition not icluded in any CSS in this case no one can call that phone or phones till they get a CSS contain that patetion

good luck

please, if helpful rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What version of CM do you have?

If you have 4.2 or 6.X you can take advantage of forward unregistered and set it to 2XXX route pattern assigning CSS to the forward unregistered with no access to the internal PT.

Other alternative is to add the new phones in isolated PT and use BAT to update the PT when you are ready.

Since you are going to have overlapping DNs on both systems make sure you dont trambone the calls, if you use QSIG it will take care of it natively, other PRI integrations can take down your PRI.

HTH,

Chris

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

just make the new phones in deffrent partetion and put them in a partition not icluded in any CSS in this case no one can call that phone or phones till they get a CSS contain that patetion

good luck

please, if helpful rate