Views
Helpful
Replies

Direct Inward Dial in MGCP

techguy
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have one MGCP gateway kept in my LAN, One PRI/E1 terminated on router. I need one unused direct line for the call. How can in be possible?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure I understand what you are asking, can you please be more specific?

Chris

Lets say i have one PRI 1234 000 to 1234 999....My phones are connected with CallManager CUCM. How can i take/reserve one line or one line dedicated to my phone for incoming and outgoing

Do you mean a phone registered to the CUCM? If so, you simply assign an extension of that DID to the phone withont your dial plan, i.e. last 4 digits/etc, which may or may not require a translation pattern, you will need to give us more details on how your other phones are configured.

Chris

Hi Omer,

I think you can configure one number from Service Provider provided  DID pool to one of the IP phones and keep other phones DN outside DID range.

regds,

aman

Hi.

Based on what I understood, Omer is requesting if is possible to dedicate one channel of E1 circuit to his extension so that he can have an "always avaialble" line.

If so, to my knowledge, with mgcp is not possible. With H323 or Sip, you could use a workaround setting max calls value to  n -1 available B Channels  on  incoming and outgoing dialpeer used by extensions other than yours.

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"