cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Directed Pickup CUCM 6

donmitswv
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to set up a Directed call pickup so people can answer the operator extension when she is away from her desk. I set up a call pickup group and assigned the dn's to the group but after hitting gpickup and dialing the dn the call is ringing on. I get a re-order tone and get the message "temp fail" at the bottom left hand side of the screen. does anyone have any sugestions on this?

thanks

Don Mynes

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yep, that is a directed call pickup and wasn't available in CUCM 6.  To do a Direct call pickup you must

be running CUCM 7 or above.  The phone in which you are picking up from and the line you are picking up must be in the same Call Pickup group.  Once all requirements are met, then all you need to do is hit gpickup and the extension that is ringing.  If you do not meet these requirements it will not work.  In CUCM 6, you have to dial the pickupgroup number to pickup the phone or hit Pickup.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

kelvin.blair
Level 5
Level 5

Directed Pickup was not a feature in CUCM 6.  It wasn't until CUCM 7 that this feature was available.  It sounds like to me you are trying to do a regular group call pickup.  You need to make sure the CSS of the phone doing the pickup can access the partitions in which all members of the group are in. The way I would test this to see if it is a partition issue, try putting the Call Pickup Group in the none partition and see if it works.

I tried setting the pickup group to the "none" partition and still got the reorder tone. To clarify what I am trying to accomplish, when a call is ringing on one line, I want to be able to hit a button gPickup in this case, and dial the extension number that is ringing to bring the call to my phone.

Thanks

Don Mynes

Yep, that is a directed call pickup and wasn't available in CUCM 6.  To do a Direct call pickup you must

be running CUCM 7 or above.  The phone in which you are picking up from and the line you are picking up must be in the same Call Pickup group.  Once all requirements are met, then all you need to do is hit gpickup and the extension that is ringing.  If you do not meet these requirements it will not work.  In CUCM 6, you have to dial the pickupgroup number to pickup the phone or hit Pickup.

Ok, Thanks alot Kelvin. Still very new to CUCM Guess Im WAY to used to CME!

Don Mynes

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: