cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Directory Assistance (DA) in Auto Attendance (AA)

ilhamatali
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'd like to use DA for our AA. Currently it is the standard greeting. Now it should be like this;

"thank you for calling. if you know the extension you wish to contact, please enter now, or press 1 for finance, press 2 for legal, press 3 for administration, press 4 for transportation, or press 0 to speak to the operator".

I understand something has to be done the the aa.aef script, but I have difficulty of understanding it, let alone modifying it.

Please help.

Thanks.

13 Replies 13

ilhamatali
Level 1
Level 1

By the way, does this feature even exist or supported by Call Manager?

We are using CM4.1.

Need help.

Thanks.

I am assuming you are using IPCC express for AA - try the following:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_programming_reference_guide_chapter09186a00800f0706.html

Rate this if helpfull.

hello,

thanks for the link. in fact, I've already seen this but I can't find anywhere in the document, or in the internet, that shows anything about what I wanted to do.

or it is there somewhere in the document?

please guide.

thanks.

Let us begin with the following:

1. What is the version of the CallManager you are using?

2. What is the version of IPCC express?

3. Can you send me the AA.aef from your server?

You could do it with Unity couldn't you?

You create a CTI route point which forwards all calls to your call Handler in uniy. Using the call handler, use can setup the necessary call input buttons. or do you really need to do it in IPCC express? I can explain further if needed.

For example, we have a 1800 number that hits the DID. The DID is a CTi route point which forwards to a call handler in Unity. It say welcome to ABC Company, If you need to contact Dept A press 1, Dept B press 2, Dept 3, then we transfer to another call handler in some cases or directly to a DN that rings 4 times and goes into a Voicemail box for that department.

Yes, there are multiple software you can use to achieve the AA functionality. If you have unity you can use it as a AA. There is also a utility for Unity that will give you a tree view to help you make applications:

http://ciscounitytools.com/APP_AudioTextManager403.htm

But, since the original discussion revloved around modifying aa.aef we moved towards modifying the aa.aef script.

The bottom line is we have to choose a particular application to setup AA once we have done that we can proceed to get a suitable configuration setup.

It is easier to setup unity for a basic AA though.

Our setup:

CM 4.1

Unity 4.0

I'm not bonded by a particular method of achieving this goal, that means if aa.aef does not work, I'm OK with alternatives like Unity and so on. The main reason I cited aa.aef in the first place is that I was told it is the way to do it. Pardon my ignorance.

as for our aa.aef, I don't mind giving it for analysis but it is the default and never ever changed/modified since day one (its been 2 years now).

I'm all ears on how to do this in Unity. Care to explain more?

Sure,

It is pretty much like my example. Record your greeting to say Welcome to my University, if you know your party extension please dial it now, or press 1 etc

You can dial the party extension by default in any call handler. Then go to the Call Handler that you created and choose caller input, Under Caller input, you can configure your keys for many different options, please let me know how you make out or if you have any questions? How well do you know Unity? You can definitely do it in Unity? Do you own IPCC Express at this time?

Find the attached doc. This will help you setup a fundamental AA that will allow you to achieve what you want.

There is a limitation of using unity as an AA instead of IPCC: Unity AA will only allow you to dial extensions that are unity subscribers.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks thomuff and deepagup for your input. Once again, our setup:

CM 4.1

Unity 4.0

IPCC Express 3.5

Currently I'm trying to do it in Unity, based on deepagup's attachement. I write down what I modify/add/changed so that I can back track if problem rise.

I'm just so-so with Unity, but compared to script, I'll choose Unity anytime because of it's "easiness".

I'll keep you guys updated.

Hello,

I've tried what deepagup's suggested in his attachment and somehow it doesn't work. I did all the steps mentioned but when I called to Unity, it still goes to the old greetings.

Anymore ideas anyone?

Is your JTAPI trigger in IPCC Express still routing the calls to the old greeting?

You must have configured the Unity correctly but you still need to point your CallManager to send calls to the Unity server instead of the IPCC AA.

Do you have a DID that comes in from the PSTN and rings your AA directly? or have you setup call routing in some other way?

If you have a DID that comes in from the PSTN then more likely it will be assigned to an IPCC route point. To get it working ...goto this route point and assign a diff extension to it. Then make a new translation pattern that will trap the DID and translate called number to the pilot point of unity. This should get it working

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: