Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Directory Number

Hello,

I have 2 questions below please reply.

• I have seen a setup where the directory number are assigned as starting with " * "  *5234, *5123,*5432 , why that so ???

• CUCM 6.1 is integrated with AD, when i search a user in corporate directory his full number is seen 22221234 but when i press dial button the calls go to last 3 digit extension, how come ????

Thanks

• IP Telephony
2 REPLIES

Honestly, whomever setup the

Honestly, whomever setup the DNs beginning with "*" probably did it so that users wouldn't be able to accidentally dial it or something like that. For your second question you may have a Translation Pattern or Transformation Pattern, changing the dialed number or appearance of the dialed number.

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Dear " so that users wouldn't

Dear

" so that users wouldn't be able to accidentally dial it or something like that" accidentally dial it means can you elaborate more.

For your second question you may have a Translation Pattern or Transformation Pattern, changing the dialed number or appearance of the dialed number.

there are no transformation number but there are translation number but i am not sure they are doing these job , i will confirm and i will post again.

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.