Views
Helpful
Replies

Directory service in CUCM

Khurram Tariq
Level 1
Level 1

hello all

i need your help in configuring directory service in CUCM, i wanna look directory of extensions in IP phone, please suggest me ways how to fo it as i am using cucm 9.1 and 7945 phones.

thanks 

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just configure your users, or sync from a directory, that's it, the built-in corporate directory will show them

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

how in CUCM? i have configured extension on the device not using end user profiles also i need when someone oress down button of phone it should see whole directory how to do that please explain?

Add end users, that's all there is to it. either manually, or via LDAP sync.

HTH

java

where to add end users manually??

how?

If you're an end user, I'd recommend you to engage your system admin for this task.

HTH

java

valencia i am an administrator, you are not clerifying ur suggestions please explain briefly please

In CUCM go to User Management --> End Users menu and add the user there if you chose to do it one by one. Best practice is to integrate to corporate LDAP and pull users from other. If you do not want to do that and want to import many users you can do this via BAT user import.

Chris 

ok in end user do i need to assign user his own phone ??

and one question more if i want to add some numbers other than internal extensions for the attendant consle operator than how can i add ??

Only thing that needs to be set for Corporate Directory to work is the Telephone Number field.

... user management -> end user

HTH

java