Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable MoH per call

ahochau_2
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I realize this maybe a new feature request, but have had enough customers ask about it to merit posting.

Is there anyway to disable MoH per call?  I guess this used to be a feature in some PBXs where you could dial a *XX at the beginning of the call and it would kill the hold music.  This is useful for dialing into conference bridges and had to place the call on hold.  Only way I have gotten around this is 2 lines on the phones.  One with regular hold music and one with a blank wav file for the hold that is labled "use this one for conferences".   Seems to me there should be a way to have a soft key that uses an alternate MoH source.  But maybe that is why I am not a programmer.

Thanks,

Mark

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM already has an option to not send MOH when in a conference call (you must use a CFB managed by CUCM and the phone has to be registered to that CUCM) but there is no way to dial something and disable the MOH for any other call.If a phone from PSTN places the call on hold you'll hear it since it's out of CUCM control.

Actually whether they get or no MOH doesn't really depend on your configuration, but in the other end configuration.

You only tell them what stream to listen, but if they don't have access to the MOH server they won't hear nothing

You would need to get in tourch with your AM and submit a PER for this if you need this.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate