Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable Services on CallManager

telefonie
Level 5
Level 5

Hello

I am wondering if I can disable some Services on the CallManager. Specially I want do disable Cisco Messaging Interface. Does anybody know, what this Interface is exactly used for if I use a voicmail system that does not use the EIA/TIA-232 Interface?

Can I disable IIS on my Subscriber Servers?

Thanks for your help

Reto

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

CMI service is used for SMDI integrations.

Can be disable if you are not using this VM system integration.

You can reduce IIS vulnerability by disabling the IIS and WWW services on servers that do not require it. An example is CCM

subscribers and other cluster elements that don't require web access.

If you set IIS startup type to "Disabled", CallManager upgrade will fail.

CallManager cannot create or modify IIS virtual directories if IIS Admin service cannot start.

A better recommendation is to have IIS set to "Manual" startup type on subscribers. Note that in some CallManager deployments, IIS on the subscribers is used.

Security guide

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/4_1/sec_vir/ae/sec413/index.htm

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

CMI service is used for SMDI integrations.

Can be disable if you are not using this VM system integration.

You can reduce IIS vulnerability by disabling the IIS and WWW services on servers that do not require it. An example is CCM

subscribers and other cluster elements that don't require web access.

If you set IIS startup type to "Disabled", CallManager upgrade will fail.

CallManager cannot create or modify IIS virtual directories if IIS Admin service cannot start.

A better recommendation is to have IIS set to "Manual" startup type on subscribers. Note that in some CallManager deployments, IIS on the subscribers is used.

Security guide

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/4_1/sec_vir/ae/sec413/index.htm