Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable the Directories Key, Missed, Placed a Received Calls

matt22coll
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have been asked if there is a way to disable the directories key on specific phones.In the meeting rooms they don't want the next people to be able to see who the last person dialled or who called them. The meeting room phones don't use extension mobility so can't use that option.

We are using CCM6.1 with 7970 handsets.

Thanks in advance

8 Replies 8

ecstillman
Level 1
Level 1

As far as I know, the directories are stored locally on the phone - regardless if logged in or not.

Not true?

-Erik

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is very easy. I did this recently,

Just go to the phones and under the url for directory on the phone put in a fake/wrong directory...

That will do it...

eg you can put http://youare not allowed to search/

Please rate all useful posts

wow, thanks! so this means the directories are *not* stored on the phone?

-erik

There is a directory url which the phones access. This URL usually points to the IP address of the publisher.

However if you change the url on the phone, it will ignore the one in the enterprise parameter and use the one on the phone.

This gives you the flexibility to configure directory url either globally using the enterprise parameters or individually on the phones...

Pls rate useful posts!

Hey Guys,

Deji's good reference will definitly work for not showing the Corporate Directory (+5 points for this great tip Deji) but will not change the Missed/Placed/Received call History as these are stored on the IP Phone itself.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

Thanks for the nice rating.

I dont think there is anything to do to hide missed calls. I also think that hiding the corporate directory is more important for such phones.

How is your holiday going...

I have found out that there is now way to remove the Missed, Placed and received calls as these are all stored on the phone itself. I have read that in future CCM revisions they are going to store this info on the CCM rather than the phone. This will also stop missed calls showing up for shared lines and call coming in on hunt groups.

The only work around is to use http commands. You can put a url in the directory's field to a web server. Then the Web server can be set to reply with the XML command init:cleardirectorys. This will make the missed, Placed and receivaed entries all empty. This is all documented in the link on the first reply