cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disabling the directories for IP Communicator

rastetterj
Level 1
Level 1

I have outbound agents I would like to disable the directories button from their IP Communicator.  Does anyone know how to do this?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi.

Using Bulk administration tool (to do it in one shot based on how many agents you have), you can configure a dummy address in Directory URL filed.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

Ok :)

In this case, the following doc should help you.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/117556-config-disableaccess-00.html

HTH

Regards

Carlo

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi.

Using Bulk administration tool (to do it in one shot based on how many agents you have), you can configure a dummy address in Directory URL filed.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

I apologize I should have been more specific.  I am trying to disable the placed calls directory.  For compliance reasons outbound agents should not be able to see the last number dialed to avoid violation of telemarketing guidelines.

Ok :)

In this case, the following doc should help you.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/117556-config-disableaccess-00.html

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Carlo,

I tried working through the link provided earlier.  I have a couple of questions regarding the process below (taken from the link provided).

I need to delete and read the IP phone services first, disabling the enterprise subscription before moving to step 1 below?

My next question is if I do this will ALL of my phones lose their placed calls directory until I reassign the template created in step 1 below?

Thanks again for your help.

Method 1: Delete and Readd the IP Phone Services from the GUI without Enterprise Subscription Enabled

Complete these steps in order to perform a bulk update to all the phones that require directory access. 

1. Choose Bulk Administration > Phones > Phone Template, and create a phone template.
  2. Subscribe the phone template to the IP Phone services.
  3. Choose Bulk Administration > Phones > Update Phones > Query, and choose the phone that require directory access.
  4. On the next page, check the Assign IP Phone Services check box.
  5. Choose the template created.
  6. Submit the job.

I figured it out.  Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: