Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

disabling the pc port using the common phone profile

I'm attempting to disable the pc port on all of our common area phones using the a common phone profile (CPP), however, the ports are not shutting down.

I've applied the CPP to the phone, and other options within the CPP, such as disabling access to phone settings, are working, just not disabling the pc port.

I've also reset the phone and common phone profile several times, along with Apply Config.

cm ver 9.1.2

Disabling the pc port from the phone device page works as expected.

I'm testing with a 7962.

Any ideas?

2 Replies 2

Hello!

Hope, you didn;t forget to check 'Override Common settings' in CPP.

Also will Bulk Administration Tool be a good solution for u?

Regards,

Kirill

I found that almost every product specific / common phone profile problems are related to the priority that cucm implements to these value and the override common configuration option.

You can configure them on :( listed by priority order)

1) Device Configuration window settings,

2) Common Phone Profile window settings,

3) Enterprise Phone Configuration window settings

So CUCM with first used what is set on device configuration...

You also have to check the 'Override Common Settings"  If you do not check this box, the corresponding parameter setting does not take effect...

The weird thing is that not everything has this "Override Common Settings"  and what is more weird is that for example on 6921/6941 for CDP and LLDP parameters you have the 'Override Common Settings"  on the Common Phone Profile but not on the Phone Page configuration....but 9971 has on both... the same is for Screen ON/OFF config... 

So 6921/6941 will always apply what is configure on Phone Page configuration is no 'Override Common Settings" option is available

In my case to deactivate CDP on all 6921/6941 I configured them on the Bulk Phone Template.. But for 9971 just leave 'Override Common Settings” unchecked a the phone use the common phone profile or the enterprise phone configuration instead...

Please Rate helpful Comments

Lisandro

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: