Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Disaster recovery of a Publisher - new licenses needed ?

It looks like I'm going to need to rebuild a Publisher (CUCM 7.1) on to new hardware. The current server has intermittent problems.

Will I need new license files as the replacement server will have a new Ethernet MAC address ?

Will the restored Publisher work until any new license files are loaded ?

Where would I get the new license files ? Is this via my reseller or direct from Cisco ?

Many thanks

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Disaster recovery of a Publisher - new licenses needed ?

Hi Andy,

1>     If you are going to restore your Publisher onto new hardware, then yes, you will require new license files.

2>     The new Publisher will be running Demo License which will not cater to a production environment.

3>     To get the new license files, you can open a TAC case with the licensing team and request for the new license files.If your reseller has also provided you with a valid support contract, you should be able to open that case, else you can request the reseller to and they should ideally be able to do it for you.

HTH.

--

Harmit.

-- Regards, Harmit.
1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Disaster recovery of a Publisher - new licenses needed ?

Hi Andy,

1>     If you are going to restore your Publisher onto new hardware, then yes, you will require new license files.

2>     The new Publisher will be running Demo License which will not cater to a production environment.

3>     To get the new license files, you can open a TAC case with the licensing team and request for the new license files.If your reseller has also provided you with a valid support contract, you should be able to open that case, else you can request the reseller to and they should ideally be able to do it for you.

HTH.

--

Harmit.

-- Regards, Harmit.
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content