cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disaster Recovery Options

jafetters
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all.  I have a scenario where calls to a TF number route to our HQ-A site.  Once they hit that site, they hit a num-exp entry in the router for a trigger in our UCCX system.  The UCCX system is at our main HQ.  The agents are physically sitting at the HQ-A site.

We had a network outage where HQ-A lost connectivity to HQ Main, so TF calls were failing until we put a redirect in place with the Telco.  SRST is configured on HQ-A router and works correctly.  What I'm trying to accomplish is an automatic re-route if calls are failing so we don't have to leave it up to the users to call the Telco to redirect.

I don't think it's possible with any configuration on the router itself, but wanted to check with everyone before I move on.  Thanks in advance for your input!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well, couple of options you can build an alias command under the srst configuration that re-routes the call back to the HQ DID, this however would hairpin the calls through your HQ-A GW and would result in using 2 channels for each call.

Another option would be to implement SRST as CME with B-ACD and build simple backup call center under SRST condition.

Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well, couple of options you can build an alias command under the srst configuration that re-routes the call back to the HQ DID, this however would hairpin the calls through your HQ-A GW and would result in using 2 channels for each call.

Another option would be to implement SRST as CME with B-ACD and build simple backup call center under SRST condition.

Chris

Thanks Chris, I'll try building an alias command, I think that would be fine as a short term fix.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: