cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disaster Recovery System -- CDR_CAR backup

will.alvord
Level 5
Level 5

On a 5.1(3) cluster, I've been trying to figure this out but have not had any luck. I need to enable CDR_CAR backups as well as CCM. The problem is that under the feature list selection, the only available option is CCM.

What am I missing?

cheers,

Will

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi!

In newer CUCM versions, when you do a DRF backup and select the CCMDB component (the only one listed), the CDR/CAR DB is include in there.

If you go to the CCM CLI and do the following:

file list activelog /platform/drf/log/

Then do a file view activelog /platform/drf/log/

If you check the CCMDB backup file and you will see that CDR data was backed up.

HTH! If it does, please rate :)

Tere.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

will.alvord
Level 5
Level 5

I've just read a couple of similar posts on this forum (guess google doesn't index here), where a couple of folks had posted that on 5.1(3) there isn't a separate selectable feature for CDR_CAR backups.

Strange that the help file and documentation still lists it. Anyways, I'm looking at the backup tar files and don't see any file that looks to be CDR specific.

Does anyone know where the CDR data is actually backed up? Because of the mis-information about this, I'd prefer to confirm that it is being backed up.

thanks,

Will

Hi!

In newer CUCM versions, when you do a DRF backup and select the CCMDB component (the only one listed), the CDR/CAR DB is include in there.

If you go to the CCM CLI and do the following:

file list activelog /platform/drf/log/

Then do a file view activelog /platform/drf/log/

If you check the CCMDB backup file and you will see that CDR data was backed up.

HTH! If it does, please rate :)

Tere.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Perfect! Thanks for the detailed response. Good stuff.

thanks again,

Will

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: