cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disaster Recovery System, is it possible to use it between different servers?

mezcalito
Level 4
Level 4

Hi there,

We have some backups of our Call Manager 7.0 and the server we have is from another company, we are getting a new server and we could export everything from the Bulk utility but is quite tedious, can we restore the backup of the old server to the new one? we tried and it didnt work, dont know if there is a workaround for this.

Thanks!!

Regards.

1 Reply 1

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I am taking a guess here based on previous experience with older versions:

Your target server would need to be running the same version as the source for the DRS backup files.  You would also need to make sure the target server has the same hostname and/or IP address.  Even then, you would need to reprovision all license files with the new MAC address by contacting licensing@cisco.com.  You will need to provide the new MAC address, and a sales order number to provide entitlement.  After you do this, then you could reconfigure the IP address and hostname.  Now, if you have subscribers, that could get pretty hairy.

To be honest, if you have 7.x I would consider using the bulk export/import utility.  I, personally, see it as the path of least resistance based on the scenario you describe.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify