Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Disaster Recovery unknown platform error

I have a simple two node UCM 7.0.2.10000-18 setup.

I've configured DR in the usual way, storeage location created successfully. Free FTPd is the SFTP server I'm using.

When I start a manual backup, everything goes well until the 60% mark and then the process stops dead with the following error:

"ERROR: unknown platform error, backup completed..."

The process seems to stop after backing up the Publisher and immediately on commencing backup of the subscriber - see the screenshot.

I've had problems with DR in UCM v5 but I thought these had all been resolved in later versions of and in version 6.

Latest version, latest problem!

3 REPLIES

Re: Disaster Recovery unknown platform error

Brian, I ran into the same issue last week. My problem was that I didn't have the Sub's IP listed under allowed IP addresses in FreeFTPd. Adding it made everything happy. I could be mistaken - but I don't recall needing the Sub's IP prior to this revision. Maybe something has changed with this release.

At any rate, hope this helps.

Re: Disaster Recovery unknown platform error

Thanks for the feedback. I too only have the Pub's IP address listed so I hope that this is the problem. I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes.

Disaster Recovery unknown platform error

I ran in the same issue. The problem is sub not reaching the ftp server

thanks

------- have a look to my blog lgrconsulting.com
Views
Helpful
Replies