Views
Helpful
Replies

Disck Space not enough during upgrade CUCM 9.1(2)SU1 to 9.1(2)SU2a

john_lee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I face an issues during upgrade my current CUCM 9.1(2)SU1 to 9.1(2)SU2a, it show with this error message "There is not enough disk space in the common partition to perform the upgrade, for steps to resolve this condition please refer to CUCM 9.1(1) release notes or view defect CSCuc63312 in bug toolkit on Cisco.com".  I had check the bug id and got 2 way to do it:-

1. reduce the amount of traces on the system, but I not ready want to do this

2. install a COP file name: ciscocm.free_common_space_v1.0.cop.sgn

If I select option 2, will it have any risk? Is it mean 9.1(2) - inactive version will be clear out from disk space or it will clear out 2 version - active and inactive version from disk space?

I need have some advice on this before I perform.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

As per the following link

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/9_1_1/CUCM_BK_R6F8DBD4_00_release-notes-for-cucm-91/CUCM_BK_R6F8DBD4_00_release-notes-for-cucm-91_chapter_011.html

"

You will not be able to switch to the previous version after the COP file is installed. For example, if you are upgrading from Cisco Unified Communications Manager 9.0(1) to Cisco Unified Communications Manager 9.1(1) and the previous version is Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.6, the COP file clears the space by removing the 8.6 version data that resides in the common partition. So after you apply the COP file, you will not be able to switch to the 8.6 version."

Additionally, regarding the first option, if you do not want to reduce the tracing levels you can still delete some old traces using RTMT which gives you an option of deleting the traces from the server as well as transferring / downloading them to your pc simultaneously by checking the 'delete from server' option on last page of log file collection option.

HTH

Manish