Views
Helpful
Replies

Disconnect issue after configuring in SIP protocol

Trying tobeone
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I am facing a strange problem with the disconnect. My voice setup is having an 1861 router with CME and 7942 IP Phones. The below given is how it has been configured,

# The Router has been integrated to PBX through 4 FXO ports
# Analog phones are terminated to 4 FXS ports
# 7942 IP phones are terminated to switch port on Router
# IP phones are configured using SIP protocol

Previously when it was in SCCP, the calls were getting disconnected. Now after i changed to SIP protocol, and when we are calling from a PBX extension to a phone connected to voice router, and before answering if we are disconnecting => the Analog phones connected to FXS port will get disconnected. But on the other hand IP phones will keep on ringing. If we are attending the call, then it will get disconnected when the phone goes on hool. Is this disconnect issue a bug in SIP or is there any change to be made in the configuration.

I am attaching the show run and the debug output along this post. Would really appreciate your valuable opinions.

Thanks in advacne

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do not use SIP with CME phones.

It is very limited and buggy as you have found yourself. Use SCCP instead.

Hi..

i know there will be interoperability issue when configured in SIP. But still is there any way to rectify this problem.

regards,

It is not "interoperability issue". it is just too flawed to be used. Use SCCP instead.

thanks for the reply, but the customer need to do some testing and for that they require SIP protocol running in the CME.

For what reason they require phones running SIP ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: