Helpful
Replies

Display caller ID for outbound calls

erinedison
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

In the cisco VOIP environment i manage,

All VoiP phones were set to use company caller id (our reception number) for all outbound calls.

Now i am asked to change and the requirement is, display each individual's caller id for their external calls.

where do i have to start ...in our side or at the SIP provider ?

Thanks

Erin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Erinedison

I hope that you are doing so well.

if you need to enable DID for each DN. you have to do the below:-

1- define the DIDs which you have from your provider .

2-Define the number of users who need DID.

3- You have to do the following for one user who need to enable DID.

lets say your DID range is 8579440  8579449. So you have to know that you need to assign a number for example 9441 to one of users . so on cucm - phone  -  line -configure DN as 9441 on the bottom of the page od directory number configuration  you will find external phone number mask , configure it as 8579XXX. So when user  dial for external call , his DID 8579441 will appear as you configured ,and do test for one user , after that apply for all users as the same way.

Thanks

please rate all useful information

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Start by mentioning if this is CUCM/CME and version

Most likely that's because of your config, some telcos can do this for you. You'll need to look at your config.

You do have DIDs, right?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime,

its CUCM 8.5.1

Yes we do have DID's

Look at DN level, route pattern, route list and GW/trunk level to see where this is configured.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello Erinedison

I hope that you are doing so well.

if you need to enable DID for each DN. you have to do the below:-

1- define the DIDs which you have from your provider .

2-Define the number of users who need DID.

3- You have to do the following for one user who need to enable DID.

lets say your DID range is 8579440  8579449. So you have to know that you need to assign a number for example 9441 to one of users . so on cucm - phone  -  line -configure DN as 9441 on the bottom of the page od directory number configuration  you will find external phone number mask , configure it as 8579XXX. So when user  dial for external call , his DID 8579441 will appear as you configured ,and do test for one user , after that apply for all users as the same way.

Thanks

please rate all useful information

Thank you,

i shall try and keep you all informed.

malloyj01
Level 1
Level 1

Try creating a sips profile class, and then modify the invite headers. where XXXX is the internal extension, 10.10.10.10 is the SIP IP, and ZZZZZZ represents the number the call is meant to come from.

voice class sip-profiles 100

request INVITE sip-header From modify "sip:XXXX@10.10.10.10" "sip:ZZZZZZZ@10.10.10.10"

And then under Voice Service Voip:

Sip

sip-profiles 100

Thank you ,i shall try and let you know how it goes..

Erin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: