Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Display Name doesn't show on calling party, when the call forwards

Hello Folks,

Today, i have noticed an issue in my customer environment that they have 2 Cisco IP Phones (Phone A and Phone B), we have a call forward from Phone A to Phone B after 2 rings....

Phone A - Extension 3573001 - Display Name "Phone A" (The same name has been set to Alerting as well as connected on CUCM)

Phone B - Extension 3503001 - Display Name "Phone B" (The same name has been set to Alerting as well as connected on CUCM)

Calling party calls 3573001 --> It forwards the call to 3503001 after 2 rings, when 3573001 rings, calling party gets the display name as "Phone A" as it should be, but when the call goes to 3503001, on the calling party's display the name does not display but the extension number.

I dont have an idea where we do block the display name.. Both these numbers are reside in the same cluster (Ver 8.5.1.16102-1), but they belong to 2 different sites.

I look forward your suggesstions to rectify this issue... Please advise.

Thanks,

Raja.

4 Replies 4

Hi Raja,

Please set the service parameter 'Always Display Original Dialed Number' to False and test the behaviour.

Please rate all the useful posts

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

Hi.

False is the default value, He should set that parameter to true  to have the desired behaviour.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Thank you,

I have few informations for you.

• On my service parameter Always Display Original Dialed Number has been set to "False"
  • On the Translation pattern the

So as per your note above, i should have this issue across my cluster ?

Thanks,

could you please set the Calling LineID & Calling Name Presentation fields to 'Allowed' and test?

if that doesn't help, check the box 'Ignore Presentation Indicators (internal calls only)' in the phone config page along with the above fields to Allowed?

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.