Views
Helpful
Replies

Diverting calls to a hunt group

neilobrien
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a recommendation for an issue that I'm having...

I have CUCM7.1, all calls to a particular number need to get hunted around a group of people.  On occasion, a few times a day, they need to divert all calls to a different external number.

We want the users to be able to manage this themselves without involving IT.  Because Call Forward All doesnt' apply to hunt group calls I'm unsure how as to how to find a solution.

I'd appreicate is someone could share their ideas!!

Thanks in advance,

Neil

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only option I can think of right now is that you use a middle man for this.

Instead of let's say PSTN -> Hunt Pilot use

PSTN -> phone CFA -> Hunt Pilot

The phone in the middle can be used to set the CFA either to the external number or to the hunt pilot.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

thanks Java, that's the only alternative i've been able to come up with as well.  However it means either having a specific phone for this purpose or someone's phone in the hunt group which will mean they will get hammered with being the first hop for all the calls.

Neither are an option unfortunately,

Thanks for chipping in,

Neil

If they have CFA they won't even notice the call, it will follow the hunt pilot config.

No one will get hammered because of that.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

yes but when they have CFA turned on, they can't accept calls to their extension, when they have it off, they will always be the first hop for the HG.

***EDIT****

However I could setup a second line on a phone that can CFA either to the hunt pilot or an external number.  Is that what your getting at - sorry I misread your post.

Hi

CFA settings on lines are ignored completely by hunt groups, so only direct calls to the extension would be affected.

Second lines are tricky to forward; you can probably do this via CCMUser pages but not via the phone handset unless you write/find an XML service to allow it.

You could switch the lines round of course, have the primary line as the secondary, and the new primary being a shared line that is on all the hunt member's phones. Any hunt member can then manage the CFA for the group from the handset, but would make it less easier to adjust their own 'secondary' line's CFA.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: